Upon reading the excerpts and original posts, you will also realize that many people are complaining about many issues, including:
- Teen Challenge staff are not returning phone calls to concerned family members.
- Teen Challenge staff closely monitor conversations and visits so as not to allow the person who is in for treatment to be able to tell their family members exactly what is happening or has happened to them (or others) while in Teen Challenge.
- Teen Challenge staff will actually disconnect telephone conversations when either party mentions something they do not think is appropriate.
- Teen Challenge staff reprimands your loved one using various forms of punishment as discipline that you may not approve of.
- Teen Challenge severely limits contact with the outside world during the entire one-year (or more) stay at Teen Challenge.
- Teen Challenge staff have also been accused of physical, mental and spiritual abuse.
- Very high drop-out rates that will completely change the publics perception of those incredibly high success rates that Teen Challenge continually boasts about.